Thursday, March 28, 2013

Welcome to Australia!

Good morning Daddy! I'm in Australia!
Well, my little boy, it has been a few days, hasn't it! SO much has happened in that time that I fear I will never be able to really catch you up on it all... so I'm going to just focus on the highlights. The biggest of which is that right now you are in your room and I am writing to you while we are in AUSTRALIA! Woah... I am pretty sure that we have repeatedly blown your mind over the last three days. No wonder your little meltdowns are occurring just a little bit more often at the moment. :)

Finally having a bit of sleep on the plane
You went on a plane, Bean! Two, in fact! And wasn't it fun? Hmm... actually... the first hour was fun, wasn't it. The rest really wasn't. And I am so so sorry about those last three hours or so of that enormous journey, where you just were completely beside yourself. I got so upset seeing you like that... I don't think I've ever seen you like that. You were just so incredibly upset. Covered in tears, crying and crying like you were in awful amounts of distress, your whole body tense and red, all hot and sweaty, throwing yourself backwards and being completely inconsolably. I know it was only a few hours, but it felt like the whole flight to me. And when you finally did manage to go to sleep, I just cried and cried after seeing you like that. It wasn't so much that you were being so loud in the plane, it was that you were so upset. I thought that I'd be more worried about disturbing everyone else, but being a mummy changes you. I don't care about anyone else sometimes, little one. Not when you are struggling like that.

What IS this 'grass' business? I haven't seen
it since I was ten weeks old!
But you know what? It's done. And here we are! The smell of Nanny's roast lamb, the sunshine on the back of your neck, the different greens of the leaves on the trees, the feel of grass under your little pudgy fingers, the squawk of the cockatoos... there are SO many new things! And the best thing of all? The chookies! You were so giggly and smiley at them, and later in the day when we went to see them again, you started laughing and kicking your feet in anticipation as we approached the chook pen.

You seem to be really getting used to your Nanny, which is so lovely to see. You pulled on her legs this evening while she was cooking dinner so that she would pick you up and show you the curry she was making, and even once this afternoon you leant towards her for a cuddle when you were upset. Which of course makes her so gooey! And you're so smiley with your Pop when he came home from work too, You've now briefly met your Grangran and Grandpa at the airport (but does that really count?) and your Grandma and Grandpa are coming over for lunch and play-time tomorrow. Can't wait! 

Sleep well, bubbaloo. Jeepers I love you!

Love, Mummy.
Your reaction to seeing the chooks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment